As a soon-to-be bride, it’s important for you to make all the necessary preparations needed regarding your beauty routine. Everything from your hair to your nails will play a crucial role in making you look your best. Some of the pre-wedding beauty routines you should consider in your preparations include hair, makeup, manicures, and pedicures. You can make your nails look beautiful in numerous ways, including acrylic nail.
Artificial acrylic nails are the most preferred nails that many soon-to-be brides opt for during wedding preparations. You can choose to have short acrylic nails or opt for artificial ones to have long acrylic nails. It totally depends on how you want your nails to be.
In this post, we’ll explore everything you should know about acrylic nails for weddings in detail. We hope that this list will help you make the right choice of acrylic nails for your D-Day!
Let’s get started……
Table of Contents
- Classic French Tips
- Romantic Lace Designs
- Pearl Embellishments
- Ombré Nails
- Swarovski Crystal Accents
- Ivory and Gold Accents
- Rose Gold Elegance
- Vintage-Inspired Designs
- Bridal Lace Tips
- Minimalist Elegance
- Coffin Acrylic Nails
- Purple Acrylic Nails
What Are Acrylic Nails?
Acrylic nails are a form of artificial nails created by mixing powder and liquid monomers together. A dough-like mixture is created using mixing powder and liquid monomer. Using a brush, nail artists shape the mixture onto your natural nails and let it air-dry. Acrylic nails are a great option for individuals who desire to alter the shape or lengthen their nails. Many modern brides opt for acrylic nails for weddings.
Nail artist typically applies tips or utilizes nail forms to create a more realistic appearance. Acrylic nails can be worn for a duration of six to eight weeks before they need to be removed, provided that they are filled in every two to three weeks. You have the option to apply either gel nail polish or dip powder on acrylic nails. However, it is important to note that acrylic nails require regular maintenance.
Also, it is advised to get your acrylic nails removed by a professional nail artist only. If you decide to remove acrylic nails yourself, it can damage your natural nails.
Acrylic nails are the perfect choice for the wedding event, whether you are a bride or guest. You can choose to get purple acrylic nails, pink and white acrylic nails, or any other colour of your choice. Make sure to have a professional nail artist to apply artificial acrylic nails.
Importance of Groomed Nails
More often than not, brides put their entire focus on their makeup and hair while preparing to get married. Your nails are as important as any other part of your body that you pay more attention to. As a bride, the eyes of your guests will be on you, so make sure you leave no stone unturned to look your best on that day.
While making preparations for your special day, you should not neglect getting your nails done. Having groomed nails is as important as any other part of your body at the wedding. Groomed nails will make you look your best on your D Day. There are numerous ways you can make your diamond shine on your wedding, including acrylic nails.
Your wedding pictures will be absolutely perfect in every way. It is clear that everyone’s attention will be glued to your new ring. So, it’s always good to have properly manicured hands. If you really want to look exceptionally beautiful on your special day, you should take good care of yourself as a bride. Get your nail technician to fix your nails and make it look attractive.
Top 12 Acrylic Nail Styles For Wedding Brides
Choosing the right style of acrylic nails for your wedding is A MUST! Selecting the right style of nail art may seem a bit challenging due to the abundance of elegant options available. However, with the right knowledge, you can do it very easily.
We have compiled a list of the top 12 Acrylic Nail Styles for wedding brides to get some inspiration from. Take a look…
1. Classic French Tips
Do you want a classic style with little features or no design? You can opt for classic French tips nails. French tip nails will give you an elegant look at your wedding. The best thing about this nail artwork is that it is easy and can complement any look. So, if you’re planning to have a minimal look at your wedding, Classic French Tips is for you.
Image Source: Makeup.com
2. Romantic Lace Designs
Just as the name implies, this acrylic nail style looks amazing on any bride. So, if you want a romantic and unique feminine touch on your nails at your wedding nails, go for this acrylic nail style. Ask your nail artist to add lace patterns or intricate lace appliqués on your acrylic nails.
Image Source: Pinterest
3. Pearl Embellishments
When it comes to acrylic for wedding pearl embellishments top the list. This is an exceptional style that any bride would love to have. In this style, your nail artist adds small pearls to the nails in order to make them look more sophisticated. These acrylic nail styles will add a glamorous appearance to your bridal Wedding outfit on your special day. You can give it a shot if you’re looking for unique nail art.
Image Source: Pinterest
4. Ombré Nail
If you are looking for a more elegant style, then this is the one to consider. This style includes a soft touch of light shades on your acrylic nails. This is a perfect style for brides looking for minimal nail style at their weddings.
Image Source: Beautiful Dawn Designs
5. Swarovski Crystal Accents
If you want to add a touch of glamour to your finger nails, then this is the style for you. In this style of acrylic nails, small crystal accents are added to the nails. Swarovski crystals make your acrylic nails look attractive and shiny. Try this out!
6. Ivory and Gold Accents
If you want a style on your nails that will give you an opulent and regal look, then you should try out ivory-coloured nails. This is one of the best designs you can ever opt for. This design features ivory and gold accents. This nail design can be created in various ways. Your nail artist can use ivory as the base colour and add gold accents in the form of dots, stripes, or other patterns. Alternatively, he/she can use gold as the base colour and add ivory accents to it. The possibilities are truly limitless!
Image Source: Pinterest
7. Rose Gold Elegance
When it comes to acrylic nails for weddings, rose gold elegance is pretty popular among brides. If you are also looking for a style that looks romantic, then this is the one for you. This design features a combination of rose gold colour and elegant patterns. The design can be created in numerous ways. You can have rose gold colour used as the base colour and add elegant accents to it, and vice versa.
Image Source: Pinterest
8. Vintage-Inspired Designs
If you want a soft pastel, lace patterned, or Victorian motif design on your acrylic nails, you should make the vintage-inspired design your choice. This design looks so good on brides; try it out! This design usually features a combination of light and dark colours, such as pink and white acrylic nails. Make sure to pick the right colour combination to have this design.
Image Source: Pinterest
9. Bridal Lace Tips
As the name says, this design features lace tips. Your nail artist will use nude colours for the base and then add beautiful lace patterns to the tips of your nails. If you really want to get an intricate touch as a bride, then you should try this out!
Image Source: Pinterest
10. Minimalist Elegance
This is a perfect nail art for brides looking for minimal nail work. Groomed nails with nude colour nail paints look awesome. This style of acrylic nail design will make you look so sophisticated on your BIG DAY!
11. Coffin Acrylic Nail
Coffin acrylic nails have gained immense popularity in the past few years. They are pretty popular for their tapered shape. The nails feature tapered sides and a straight tip, resulting in a unique and attention-grabbing appearance. This shape creates the illusion of narrow nail beds and slender fingers. Coffin nails can be worn in either long or short lengths, making them a versatile choice.
Image Source: pinterest
12. Purple Acrylic Nail
Last on our list is Purple Acrylic Nails Design. This design features unique shades of purple with or without accents. If you’re looking for minimal nail work, then you can opt for purple acrylic nails without accents. And for a more glamorous look, it is advised to opt for elegant accents on top of purple shades.
Image Source: lupon.gov
Advantages of Choosing Acrylic Nails
There’s a common saying that suggests that everything in life comes with both benefits and drawbacks. Here are a few advantages of choosing acrylic nails to enhance your knowledge of this particular nail style.
- Durability: Acrylic nails are known to be durable, strong, and not easy to break. When properly fixed by a nail artist, it remains flawless for a long period of time. As a bride, this will last throughout your special day and even to your honeymoon.
- Customizability: Acrylic Nails are available in different lengths, shapes, and designs. You can choose any design of your choice that you think suits your wedding theme or bridal outfit.
- Versatility: Acrylic nails for weddings come in various colours and designs. You can make your choice of colour that you feel will make you look elegant. There are numerous colours to choose from, including pink and white acrylic nails, purple acrylic nails, and coffin acrylic nails. Make sure to choose the right nail artist for your BIG DAY. A professional artist would be able to create wonderful acrylic nail art for you on your special day.
- Long-Lasting: Another unique thing about this style of artificial nails is that it can last for more than one week. All you have to do is to take proper care of them in order to have them for a long time.
- Strengthens Natural Nails: Another uniqueness about acrylic nails is that they make your natural nails become stronger due to their layers. If your natural nails break easily, acrylic layers will strengthen it.
Disadvantages of Choosing Acrylic Nails
Here are a few disadvantages of using acrylic nails:
- Require Maintenance: This requires constant maintenance from you, which could be time-consuming. So, if you don’t have much time to spend on your nail maintenance, it’s advised to have them removed immediately after your special day.
- Potential for Damage: If you do not follow the proper measures in removing acrylic nails, you might get your natural nails damaged. It’s better you visit your artist to help you remove the artificial acrylic nails.
- Risk of Allergic Reactions: Always keep in mind that there are chemicals used in applying acrylic nails to your natural nails. So, if you are sensitive to any chemicals, inform your nail artist on time to avoid any bad outcome.
- Cumbersome Removal Process: Acrylic nails should not be removed on your own, as doing so can damage your natural nails. The process of removal is totally different from other artificial nails. It’s better you allow your artist to help you out with it because it can take some time.
How to Choose the Perfect Acrylic Nails For a Wedding
It is crucial to make the right choice of acrylic nails for your special day. Whatever choice you make should complement your bridal appearance. As said earlier, acrylic nails are available in different sizes and shapes, giving you an opportunity to choose the best. Whichever way you want your nails to be, let your nail artist know about your choice well in advance.
You don’t need to stick to what your nail artist says. You can try out different styles of acrylic nails on your natural nails weeks or days before your big day. Doing so will help you choose the best for your D-DAY. This way you can decide on what you really want.
Here is our step-by-step guide on how you can choose the perfect acrylic nails for your wedding; take a look:
- In order to make the right choice, you should make plans ahead on the kind of style you want. Planning ahead gives you the opportunity to experiment with different styles of acrylic nails.
- You can search online to find a perfect acrylic nail design. You can try Pinterest and Instagram to get some inspirational acrylic nail design ideas for your wedding
- Make sure to keep your wedding attire and colour in mind while choosing nail art for your D-Day. Your nail art should complement your overall look.
- You can decide on which acrylic nails to fix by choosing a colour that matches your wedding theme.
- Choose a nail shape that’s the same as your hand. You can choose oval-shaped nails, coffin, almond, or square-shaped nails. These are common nail shapes you can choose as a bride. Also, know that acrylic nails require maintenance and may create some level of discomfort. Choose the size of your nails, keeping your comfort in mind, especially if you’re using these nails for the first time.
- You can also consider how long you want your acrylic nails to be. If you don’t like long nails, you can opt for short acrylic nails. You need to be comfortable on your special day, so always keep that in mind.
- You can also choose classic styles like French tips or opt for neutral tones. You don’t have to choose a complex design.
- If you are not satisfied with the various styles you’ve seen, you can seek advice from your artist. Since they are experts, you can get a unique style of acrylic nails specially designed for you.
- For a more elegant and stunning look on your big day, you have to ensure your makeup and accessories complement your nail colour.
- After you have made your choice of acrylic nails, make sure you know how to maintain them. Stay away from activities that can damage your nails.
- Another way to decide on the style of acrylic nails for your special day is by having a trial session with your nail artist.
- Lastly, you need to consider your daily activities. The reason for this is so that you can be comfortable while you are busy with other activities.
Putting it all together…
So, this is all about acrylic nails for weddings. Acrylic nails have gained immense traction in the last few years. They are pretty popular for their durability compared to your regular manicure. When it comes to choosing the best nail design, make sure to consider your personal style, preferences, and lifestyle. This is to ensure that you are comfortable and confident with your choice of acrylic nails. Your choice of acrylic nail style should elevate your bridal look by making you radiate.
Always keep in mind that it is important to consult your nail artist when choosing your unique acrylic nail style. They can make better decisions for you that will complement your look as a bride. So, make sure to pick the right nail artist who can help you out in your endeavour!
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How Long Does Acrylic Nails Last?
It can last for weeks if you maintain it properly. It is important to speak to your nail artist in advance and understand the dos and don’ts of your acrylic nails.
2. Can You Change the Polish on Your Acrylic Nails to a Different Colour?
Yes! You can change nail polish on your artificial acrylic nails. All you have to make sure of is that they are still intact on your natural nails.
3. What’s the Best Colour of Acrylic Nails for Weddings?
You can choose any colour for your acrylic nails. However, colours like purple acrylic nails, coffin acrylic nails, and pink and white acrylic nails are best for weddings.
4. What’s the Best Way of Removing Acrylic Nails?
If you want to remove your artificial acrylic nails, make sure to use acetone. This will make the removal of these nails faster and easier without causing any pain. But it is advised to get your artificial nails removed by your artist only. Professional nail artists will remove them without causing any damage to your natural nails.
5. What is the Perfect Size of Acrylic Nails to Go for as a Bride?
As earlier stated in this post, artificial nails come in different sizes and shapes. You can decide which size you want based on your taste, preferences, and lifestyle. What matters is for you to be comfortable on your special day. Make sure to choose a size that won’t cause any discomfort to you. It is more important if you’re using acrylic nails for the first time. First-timers should opt for small acrylic nails as they don’t cause any discomfort and are easy to carry.
Thanks for reading! Hope it will help you make the perfect choice of acrylic nails!
Happy Wedding… 😊 😊