I am sure you must be excited about engagement ring shopping. Engagement ring shopping can be overwhelming. However, there will be many questions hovering right now, such as: How much to spend in an engagement ring? What’s the average cost of an engagement ring? What type of engagement ring should I buy? Is it safe to purchase an engagement ring online? Is it possible to get a customized ring online? How will I know whether the diamond I am buying is good quality or not? How much time will it take to buy the ring? How will I identify the difference between similar-looking diamonds? ETC. ETC. ETC.
With so many questions come so much of search work. Of course, you will scroll down thousands of blogs, designs on Pinterest, etc. to find that perfect piece for your significant other. I can tell you all this because I saw my fiancé doing all this to buy a beautiful diamond piece for me.
Here in this post, I share the answers to all your questions related to your engagement ring. Read it until the end; it will help you shop the best engagement ring ever!
Here we go….
How much to spend on an engagement ring?
The answer to how much to spend on an engagement ring varies from person to person. Because it is directly proportional to your budget, if there is no budget constraint, you can buy as expensive ring as you want, there is no problem. However, if budget is a constraint, then you will have to see several other factors to get the best ring within your budget.
What’s the Average Cost of an Engagement Ring?
Another frequently asked question is this. An engagement ring is a pricey affair. On average, grooms spend $6,351 on an engagement ring. However, the ring’s average cost varies based on the state you live in; it may range from $3,518 to $10,241. For instance, if you live in California, an engagement ring’s average cost would be somewhere around $10,241, which is estimated to be the highest compared to other states. Like in Ohio, you will pay only $6,454, while in Texas average cost would be $8,200. And the lowest prices are marked in Utah, which is $3,518.
This is because the cost of living in the US varies based on the state you live in. If you live in a state like California, where the cost of living is high, you will have to pay more for an engagement ring. And if you live in a state where the cost of living is low, your engagement ring budget will also be lower. This is how it is!
Researches show that 29% of grooms end up spending more in an engagement ring than planned. On average, grooms spend more than three months to shop for an engagement ring, actually the perfect engagement ring.
What Type of Engagement Ring Should I Buy?
Well, this could be really tricky because the ring that you are going to purchase if for the bride. So it is imperative to consider her likings and disliking before making your final decision. So the most accessible rule of thumb is – narrow down your engagement ring choices by observing your future bride’s style. See what strikes her fancy explicitly when she window-shops. If you really find yourself struggling to find the best diamond for her, then follow these tips:
- Determine your budget: It is vital to determine your budget before you go shopping for an engagement ring.
- Determine her style: Whether she loves simple, vintage, and elegant style or has a bold, colorful style statement. This will help you choose the right piece for sure.
- Determine her jewelry style: Whether she loves wearing simple basic pearl or diamond studs, or she is fond of bold, colorful, and memorable pieces. Knowing this can really be helpful in your engagement ring shopping.
- Ask for inputs: If you are still not able to determine her choice, it’s better to ask her close people about her choices. More often than not, the bride’s mom or girlfriends know about the kind of rings they would prefer.
Is it safe to buy an engagement ring online?
We are in the era of digitalization, where we can get almost everything online, even an engagement ring. However, as I said earlier, engagement rings are expensive purchases. So, it would help if you were very careful while purchasing a ring online. Of course, the online market is swamped with too many retailers selling Jewelry. They would claim the purity and authenticity of the diamond. But, the question is – how to be sure of whether the piece is genuine or not.
In that case, I would recommend buying the ring from a trusted retailer, such as:
- Blue Nile (You get the best deals here).
- James Allen (Along side Blue Nile, they are the best).
- Abe More (Great option for budgets over $50,000).
- Leibish & Co. (Great option for fancy color diamonds).
- Brian Gavin Diamonds (The brand is known for its cut diamonds).
All these are reliable online retailers; they follow best practices. Also, they offer facilities like easy returns and exchanges, and their customer service is considered the best.
More and more grooms prefer the Blue Nile, as the brand provides you with incredible offers such as:
- Better pricing
- The convenience of browsing online
- Absolute privacy is maintained as no sales representative would be there.
- Customizable products, meaning you can get your ring customized according to your unique requirements).
- Free returns
- Hassle-free exchanges
- Best prices
- Lifetime warranty without any payment
- Secure and insured shipping
- No shipping charges
- Gift packaging without any charge
- 100% pure and conflict-free diamonds
- No sales tax except for states NY, VA, and WA
- Backed by leading financial institutions (This means you can finance the ring)
- Provide customers with jewelry insurance options
- 24/7/365 customer support service. You can contact them via live chat, email, or phone.
- Commission-free service
If you are still not sure of going online, it is better to opt for the offline option. Go to the most trusted retailer in your town and then buy the ring. Buying from a trusted retailer is always useful.
Is it possible to get a customized ring online?
Yes, you can get your ring customized, even mine is customized J. Yeah, my fiancé knew what exactly I would love, so he got me exactly the same. I am happy… yippee!!
Customizable engagement rings are trending. And the best thing is – you can get a customized ring online as well. Yes, all the big retailers offer customizable rings. It is very easy to get a personalized ring online. Of course, each person has unique requirements and preferences. You can add your personal touches to one of the most popular engagement ring designs, it’s super easy now!
How you ask…..
- Simply go to the website of the retailer from where you want to purchase your ring. There you will find myriads of ring designs.
- Now, filter your search by price, metal, metal carat, material, designer, bandwidth, material, etc.
- After that, filter your diamond search by price, cut, clarity, carat, color, etc.
And you are done!! It is SUPER EASY TO GET A CUSTOMIZABLE RING ONLINE!!
How much time will it take to buy the ring?
According to a survey, on average, grooms spend 3.5 months to purchase their engagement ring. Of course, there are so many things to consider before buying the right diamond for your better-half. Steps involved in shopping an engagement ring:
1. Initial research. It takes around a week.
2. Professional consultation. Suppose you choose to go for a professional consultation. Again, it will take a week or so. You can also consider consulting with your future bride’s closest people. They will help you with her likings.
3. Ring Design. If you are getting your ring customized, it will take around 2 – 3 weeks.
4. Design Review. After the creation of the customized ring model, you will be sent that model for your feedback. This process also takes around 1 – 3 weeks.
5. Ring Creation. After you give your final feedback on the customized design, the creation process starts. And it takes around three weeks.
6. Final Review & Delivery. You will be asked for your review one last time. The retailer would send you the photograph. After you review the final design, the ring will be delivered to you. It will take approximately two weeks.
Most Popular Engagement Rings in 2022
The market is swamped with beautiful and gorgeous engagement rings. No matter whether you buy a ring online or offline. You will get to see numerous magnificent engagement ring designs. However, the most popular engagement rings in 2020 include:
1. Antique Rings. If your future bride loves vintage, then an antique ring would be a better option for her. Timeless vintage rings are suitable for romantic brides.
2. Halo Rings. You can get Halo rings in various settings, from single or double halo rings to cushion cut or princess cut diamonds and many more.
3. Rose Gold Rings. Rose gold is the new classic! Rose gold, also called blush gold and red gold, is an alloy made of gold and copper, owing to its rose hue to the copper content. Rose Gold is gaining popularity; it is, in fact, the hottest trend in the jewelry industry!
4. Three-Stone Rings. Three stone rings look awesome—a romantic way to represent your past, present, and future.
5. Minimalist Rings. Everyday wearable Jewelry! Minimalist rings are for the brides who love simple and elegant jewelry pieces!
The Bottom Line…..
So, this is all about the engagement ring and what’s the average cost of an engagement ring. Hope my answers help you shop the best ring for your better half. Make sure you do not get into any online trap; as I said, diamonds are expensive purchases, so you have to be really vigilant about where you are making your purchase from. It is always advised to take help from people who have purchased rings in the past. Their experience can be really valuable to you.
Also, make your purchase from a trusted retailer only. Some grooms get into a trap while purchasing a ring, which they regret later. Whether you buy online or offline, check for the retailer’s authenticity. Apart from this, buy a ring that your bride would love to have. Yes, diamonds are forever, and you cannot simply buy something that you like. In fact, the choice of your future bride will matter the most. After all, she is going to wear it all her life!!
Happy Engagement Ring Shopping…. ☺ ☺