You need to put in a lot of effort to make your D-DAY amazingly memorable. Undoubtedly, most of the efforts are of yours and your immediate family members. But there are certain aspects of the wedding ceremony where others, especially your close friends, maid of honor, best man, and so on, also have to showcase their skills. And one such aspect is the wedding toast. One must know how to use Wedding Toast Quotes appropriately.
Members of the bridal party and groomsmen traditionally propose toasts, but a generic “Cheers!” or “To your health!” won’t do. A wedding toast demands an astonishing amount of effort.
You surely would want your toast to the newlyweds to be full of eloquence, humor, and maybe even a touch of wisdom. However, giving such a fantastic wedding toast is not everyone’s cup of tea.
In such a situation, a ready-to-use Wedding Toast Quote is all you want.
So, here is our list of amazing and Funny Wedding Toast Quotes for you to utilize in your friend’s wedding.
So, let’s get started…
Best Wedding Toast Quotes
1. “My heart is ever at your service.” — William Shakespeare
2. “Love does not consist of gazing at each other but in looking outward together in the same direction.” —Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
3. “Grow old with me. The best is yet to be, the last of life for which the first was made.” — Robert Browning
4. “By all means, marry; if you get a good wife, you’ll be happy. If you get a bad one, you’ll become a philosopher.” — Socrates
5. “There is no more lovely, friendly, and charming relationship, communion, or company than a good marriage.” — Martin Luther
6. “There’s nothing more admirable than two people who see eye to eye, keeping the house as man and wife, confounding their enemies, and delighting their friends.” — Homer
7. “When one finds a worthy wife, her value is far beyond pearls. Her husband entrusting his heart to her has an unfailing prize.” — Proverbs 31:10-11
8. “A successful marriage requires falling in love many times, always with the same person.” — Mignon McLaughlin
9. “There is only one happiness in life, to love and be loved.” — George Sand
10. “To keep your marriage brimming with love in the cup, whenever you’re wrong, admit it; whenever you’re right, shut up.” — Ogden Nash
11. “One word frees us of all the weight and pain of life: That word is love.” — Sophocles
12. “Love is but the discovery of ourselves in others, and the delight in the recognition.” — Alexander Smith
13. “Faith makes all things possible. Love makes all things easy.” — Dwight L. Moody
14. “Marriage must incessantly contend with a monster that devours everything: familiarity.” — Honore de Balzac
15. “Love doesn’t make the world go round; love is what makes the ride worthwhile.” — Elizabeth Barret Browning
16. “Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance.” — 1 Corinthians 13:7
17. “When one finds a worthy wife, her value is far beyond pearls. Her husband entrusting his heart to her has an unfailing prize.” — Proverbs 31:10-11
18. “When you make love your first priority, you always end up with a beautiful result. Your marriage is one of those great consequences!” — Anonymous
19. “Thanks for making us all happy today. You really have a very good taste in choosing your partner for life.” — Anonymous
20. “A marriage is not a noun; it’s the way you love your partner every day.” — Anonymous
Funny Wedding Toast Quotes
1. “It’s no good pretending that any relationship has a future if your record collections disagree violently or if your favorite films wouldn’t even speak to each other if they met at a party” — Nick Hornby
2. “The best way to get most husbands to do something is to suggest that perhaps they’re too old to do it.” — Ann Bancroft.
3. “There’s only one way to have a happy marriage, and as soon as I learn what it is, I’ll get married again.” — Clint Eastwood.
4. “Love is blind. Marriage is the eye-opener.” — Pauline Thomason
5. “A good marriage would be between a blind wife and a deaf husband.” — Michel de Montaigne.
6. “The secret of a happy marriage remains a secret.” — Henny Youngman
7. “Before you marry a person, you should first make them use a computer with slow internet to see who they really are.” — Will Ferrell
8. “Love is a lot like a backache. It doesn’t show up on X-rays, but you know it’s there.” — George Burns
9. “Marriage is the only war in which you sleep with the enemy.” — Anonymous
10. “It takes enormous courage for a man to enter a battle knowing he will never win. And marriage is no less than a battle!” — Anonymous
11. “Before marriage, you are incomplete. After marriage, you are finished.” — Anonymous
12. “In marriage, you and your spouse work together to find solutions to challenges that didn’t exist before you wed.” — Anonymous
13. “Nobody till date could find the secret of a happy marriage. If by chance you find it, do share it with us too.” — Anonymous
14. “The most ironic is no one wants to go to prison, but everyone wants to get married.” — Anonymous
Tips To Deliver Stunning Wedding Toasts
It does not just happen that the wedding toasts are hilarious and well appreciated. You need to put in a lot of effort to make your toast engaging, funny, and impressive. So, here are our tips to make a wedding toast memorable:
- The best way to prevent making embarrassing gaffes in front of guests is to practice and prepare ahead of time.
- You should get ready for the toast in little steps so that you may come up with a good plan that includes plenty of quips that the newlyweds will enjoy.
- The message intended for individuals who will be attending the wedding should be reflected in each and every word that is spoken.
- Maintain a concise yet engaging tone.
- Make an outline to check that you haven’t missed any important details.
- If you are struggling to find the right words to say, looking at examples of wedding toasts can help.
- Including significant wedding toast quotes can assist you in capturing your own feelings and thoughts, which can be helpful.
- Conduct Internet searches based on the subject matter to obtain an appropriate wedding toast quote.
- Maintain a positive attitude and ensure that the tone is consistently upbeat.
- Make sure to keep your tone uncomplicated, suitable, and as direct as possible.
- You can even use funny wedding toast quotes, but make sure that doesn’t hurt the host or the other guests in any way.
- Conduct a run-through of your prepared remarks with a friend in the days leading up to the major event.
- Inquire about their opinions concerning your toast.
- Examine the feedback they provided.
- Make sure to rehearse it in advance; it will assist you in refining both the style and delivery of your wedding toast.
- Keep it brief and to the point so that attention is never taken away from the couple who has recently tied the knot.
- As part of the toast to the newlyweds, this is the perfect opportunity to provide some words of encouragement to the happy couple.
Wrapping it up…
So, there you have it: the top 30 wedding toast quotes. A wedding toast quote by some famous personality is an excellent way to keep wedding guests interested and prevent boredom at an event. All you have to do is add a few words that are meaningful to you to turn it into the ideal toast.
You can use these quotes to structure your speech or formulate the ideal toast for the wedding day to make your speech memorable even after the wedding is over.
A carefully curated wedding toast can make a wedding celebration more significant and unforgettable. Everyone, including the newlyweds, friends, and family, will appreciate the effort and careful consideration that you put into creating one. Even more so, they will appreciate your thoughtfulness.
- What is a “wedding toast”?
A wedding toast is traditionally given at the conclusion of a wedding speech. However, some guests may choose only to give a toast at the wedding. During a wedding toast, the celebrants are asked to raise their glasses to the newlyweds and toast to their happiness, good health, and fortune.
- Who is eligible to give the wedding toasts?
Wedding toasts are traditionally a component of the groom’s speech, where he will toast to his bride, the bridesmaids, and to friends and relatives. Aside from that, the best man and bridal party also give toasts to the happy couple. In addition, the father of the bride would be the one to give a toast to the newlyweds. Besides these, anybody at the event interested can also give wedding toasts to the newlywed couple.
Although the majority of toasts are directed at the bride and groom, the newlyweds may also toast the bridesmaids, groomsmen, and even their own parents.
- How do you give a memorable toast at a wedding?
When it comes to making a memorable toast at a wedding, all you have to do is to keep things simple. Make sure it is meaningful, humorous, and to the point. Also, it is crucial to maintain a buoyant attitude while you give a wedding toast.
- I have to give a wedding toast at my friend’s wedding, what shall I say?
If you are giving a toast at the end of a speech at a wedding, you should invite the guests to raise their glasses to the happy couple and drink. You can use famous wedding toast quotes or funny wedding toast quotes to make the whole thing memorable for all.
If you are asked to give a speech, then you can create your speech around wedding toast quotes. You should begin by introducing yourself, explaining how you are connected to the couple, and then shifting the focus to them. Be affable, maintain a cheerful attitude, and be sure to keep things brief and simple.
- Can I use wedding toast quotes in a wedding speech at a wedding?
Yes, you can use wedding toast quotes in a wedding speech. In fact, a funny wedding toast quote is an excellent way to start your speech. Also, it will make it easier to go on to the more formal part of the speech. It’s also sweet to sprinkle in sentimental recollections of the couple’s trip to the altar. Keep things simple, appropriate, and transparent when providing information that could be considered private.
You can even share some childhood memories of the bride and groom, provided that it does not detract from the remainder of the speech.
Bring your remarks to a close by asking the audience to raise their glasses to the newlyweds and drink. Then, after that, you would proceed to give your toast message.
- How should I end the wedding toast?
End the toast by asking everyone to raise their glasses and then say a short and sweet wedding toast quote. Make sure the quote you use is endearing, funny, and meaningful.
Happy Wedding… ☺ ☺