Well, congratulations for your wedding!! The best part is the trickiest thing is already done and that’s finding your soul mate. Now all you have to do is to seal the deal with a celebration that you and your wedding guests will remember forever. Destination wedding in italy In recent years, destination weddings have become so popular, couples have started moving to faraway lands to tie the knot. Now not only celebrities, but also common people are choosing to get hitched in distant location. Researches show that in the US destination weddings account for almost a quarter of the 2 million weddings registered annually. Similarly, this trend is observed in Australia, Canada, the UK, and other parts of the world.
The most popular destinations include Australia, Ban Harbor, Budapest, Greece, Hawaii, Mexico, and the Caribbean, however, Italy is the main choice amongst couples who want to get hitched in style, in Europe.
Furthermore, if you are looking forward to your destination wedding in Italy then I am sure you would want to know WHY?
If you are really interested to know why Italy, then the simplest answer would be – because it’s breathtakingly Splendor! Italy has something special about it and that’s the romantic aura, which cannot be found in any other place in the world. Italy has wedding venues from 14th-century villas to castles, five star banquet to country houses to choose from. More importantly, all of them have spectacular views and are conveniently close to all the major cities.
Well, below are the top reasons why you should plan your destination wedding in Italy:
1. Italy is Magical!!
It’s magical, it is uniquely beautiful even more is less for describing Italy. It has an exceptional blend of the loveliness of nature. Italy is basically a great blend of the beauty of centuries-old culture and traditions. Italy offers you myriads of wedding venues, which includes; grand castle, luxurious villa, stately palazzo, charming farm, high-end hotels etc. Here in Italy, you can get the most incredible backdrops for your wedding and your pre-wedding photo shoot.
2. Italy is for an absolutely stress free wedding.
By planning your destination wedding in Italy you will eliminate a great deal of stress since the wedding is far away and only a few guests will be in attendance. Also, who so ever you want in your wedding, they are already there, so you don’t need to check on every guests and their accommodation. Believe it or not, but destination weddings are much simpler than the ones which are planned at home. And Italy is a very popular destination wedding location.
3. Land of mesmerizing weather and nature.
Italy is the land of incredibly beautiful weather, which is a must for your wedding. The wedding season in any part of the country is long, sunny, and copiously lush. From early spring flowers to poppy-covered valleys; roses and vineyards to sunflowers and citruses; olives and cypresses to deep green meadows… you name it……. Italy has it all.
4. Italy offers you great venue choices.
You will get endless venue options in Italy, you name it and you have it…… Also, the country can accommodate any style of wedding in your budget. Most importantly, the place has it all to make your wedding a unique experience for one and all. Few of them are: Castello della Castelluccia, Medieval Castle in Rome, Grand Hotel Majestic, Lloyd’s Baia Hotel, Hotel Caruso in Amalfi, Villa Cimbrone in Amalfi, Villa Eva in Amalfi, Hotel Santa Caterina, Palazzo Venart, Relais Villa Monte Solare etc.
5. Italy is swamped with wedding planners and vendors
Since destination weddings are becoming popular all around the world, and Italy is one of the most famous wedding destinations, which has given rise to many wedding planners, wedding vendors, and wedding sources. There are many agencies and professional planners in Italy that can help you plan your wedding in this location. Also, suppliers are equally as good, you can find amazing caterers, florists, and stylists for any taste level and pocketbook. It is very easy to get customized packages for a wonderful destination wedding in Italy. These agencies can help you find the perfect wedding location in your budget, book your reception venue, arrange hotel accommodation for your guests etc. Also, they will ensure that all your and your guests’ needs are met at all times.
6. Italy gives you an excuse to spend quality time with your dear ones
Your wedding is essentially about taking some time off and enjoying all the events of your wedding without any stress. And the best part of destination wedding in Italy will be, you and your partner will not need to rush for the wedding ceremonies, greet so many wedding guests, or to stand on stage for long hours, or to keep on receiving gifts and wishes from an ongoing queue of known and unseen relatives, which without a doubt gets excruciatingly tiresome for the couple. While getting hitched in Italy you and your guests will have the luxury of time and you would be able to spend quality time together.
7. Land of amazing cibo – it’ food!
Italian cibo (I mean food☺) is famous world-wide, it is known for its aroma, taste, and texture, ant not to mention for its abbondanza (I mean abundance)! Getting hitched in Italy will be a perfect feast all your guests too, who will enjoy to savor on Italian cuisine. You have an opportunity to savor and delight your guests with the freshest, and most mouth-watering food.
8. Land of best wedding cakes.
Italy is the land of wonderful wedding cakes too, if you prefer to have traditional tiered cake on your wedding, you will have limitless and stunning choices here. A traditional Italian wedding cake would be like a giant round mille feuille of pastry, which is filled with delicious pastry cream and then it will be decorated with fresh berries (the pastry chef assemble fresh berries just before your eyes immediately before your celebration).
9. Wedding in an idyllic location
Most importantly, the infrastructure and service standards are class apart in every part of the country. And that’s how you get more value for your money per say. Key is early planning, and doing a great research work. Few best wedding locations in Italy includes;
- Amalfi Coast: The Amalfi Coast is one of the most popular destinations in Italy, it is loved by many, and that is for all the right reasons! Famous for its local mouth-watering cuisine and beautiful surroundings.
- Lake Como: In Lake Como you can find great wedding venues, which include incredibly elegant villas and luxurious hotels. If you have dreamt of a classy Italian lake wedding, then Lake Como is for you.
- Lake Garda: Lake Garda is one of the most beautiful lakes in Italy and that’s the reason Lake Garda wedding venues are among the most beautiful, idyllic, scenic and romantic ones in Italy.
- Sardinia: Sardinia is the place for the ones who are looking to get hitched in the most secluded way in Italy. As, Sardinia is home secluded white sandy beaches, nice restaurants and cool clubs.
- Sicily: Sicily has it all, from ancient Roman ruins to crystal clear waters and the famous Limoncello. Sicily is an idyllic location for getting hitched in Italy!
- Tuscany: Many would have heard about this place only after Virushka’s wedding here and would have dreamt of getting hitched in Tuscany themselves. Tuscany is home to some of the world’s best Renaissance art and architecture. The region is full of diverse natural landscape which encompasses the island of Elba’s beaches on the Tyrrhenian Sea, the rugged Apennine Mountains, and Chianti’s olive groves and vineyards. Best for the couple who is looking for a rustic, romantic affair like Virushka.
10. Ideal for those who want to get hitched in an urban setting
If you are planning to get hitched in Italy in an urban setting, or in a quaint beach town, Italy has that too for you. That’s the beauty of the place that it is meant for everyone and anyone, whoever wants to tie knot here. Some of the best places are:
- Florence: Florence is the heart of Italy’s wedding scene. The place is full of unique wedding venues for the couples who want to get hitched in an intimate way in Italy.
- Milan: Milan is known for its high fashion and true Italian lifestyle, Milan provides you with classy urban hotel and luxury residence as your Italian wedding venue.
- Positano: This quaint and colorful town is one of the most popular destinations and the most preferred location for wedding in Italy on the Amalfi Coast. Just get hitched here amidst the most stunning backdrop!
- Rome: The capital city, is a sprawling, cosmopolitan with nearly 3,000 years of globally influential art, architecture and culture on display. If you want to have an unforgettable wedding then Rome is the place for you.
- Sorrento: Sorrento offers you the most sought after wedding venues in Italy. These wedding venues are known for their breathtaking splendor and views over the coast and for the delicious Neapolitan food as well.
- Venice: Venice is one of the most romantic places on Earth. The city is an ideal location in Italy for getting hitched. If you want to get hitched in a romantic set up – then Venice is for you!
11. Get the best wedding photos in Italy.
Wedding pictures are for lifetime and who would not want to have the best wedding pictures. Here in Italy you can take most beautiful photos of your wedding, as the place offers a truly breathtaking, and extraordinary panorama. Italy has everything from valleys to hills, mountains to lakes, forests to coastline, and not forget the picturesque and magnificent cities, towns and villages. All waiting for you to celebrate the biggest day of your life in style that is reflects true you.
12. Italy is for all kinds of wedding.
Italy hosts all kinds of wedding. If you’ve decided where to get hitched in Italy, then the next question will be “What kind of Italian wedding venue should you look for?” Whether you are getting hitched in an intimate ceremony with just a few close people, or want to have big fat celebration…. Italy has it all! Here are the kinds of wedding you can host in Italy:
- Beach Wedding: If you have always dreamt of a beach wedding in Italy, then let me tell you Italy’s long and sunny coasts from the North to the South of the country makes for an idyllic scenario to get hitched!
- Boutique Hotels Wedding: Are you looking for an elegant and luxurious wedding??? Then hotel in the heart of buzzing Rome, Milan or Florence are the wedding venues for you. You can find plenty of choices for stylish places to get wed-locked in Italy!
- Castle Wedding: Then comes the most common renaissance castles, they make for a perfect wedding venues for those who want to get hitched in a classy way!
- Mountain Wedding: If you are more of a mountain couple and have always dreamt of getting hitched in mountains then just get married in Italy with views of the Dolomites. You can even choose a secluded, luxurious mountain hotel as your wedding venue to get hitched.
- Villa Wedding: Italian villas are most sought after wedding venues in the world. They come in all shapes and sizes and make for truly an idyllic venue for getting hitched in Italy.
- Vineyard Wedding: Last but not least, if you are looking for a vineyard wedding in Italy, you have everything from Barolo and Barbera to Prosecco and Lambrusco. Italy has some of the best wine estates for you to say “I DO”!
13. Italy makes for a perfect place to host your pre-wedding celebrations or rituals
In Italy, you will have a great choice to start your wedding with all the rituals and pre-wedding celebrations. There is no reason for not conducting your pre-wedding rituals here, it’s such a lovely destination in the world!! Italy offers you everything that you need to make your wedding a memorable one. Just make your bachelor/bachelorette party or stag/hens or pre-wedding rituals as memorable as your wedding itself.
14. A nice holidaying for your wedding guests.
Your wedding guests will have a wonderful reason to visit Italy. They will also love to spend their time in the country, which has so much to offer each one. The place has everything for your guests also, your wedding guests can visit to the different locations, savor on Italian cuisine, can indulge into shopping, can experience Italian culture as a whole, and so much more.
15. Reason to spend some time with your besties.
Your destination wedding in Italy will give you enough reasons to have some quality time with your loved ones. You can plan your travel a few days before your wedding so that you and your guests can spend two to four days together. You can enjoy afternoon cocktails on the terrace, or plan a rehearsal dinner, or maybe a farewell brunch, and many other group activities like cooking classes, tours, wine tastings, etc. This will be the most wonderful time of your life, also it will enable you to create incredible memories of your celebration, which you can cherish all your life.
16. Perfect time to get hitched in Italy.
Though the weather in the country is beautiful throughout the year, but from May through October is considered the best time to get hitched. You can host an idyllic wedding in Italy in all these months.
17. Limitation in getting hitched
Italian bureaucracy can be tricky, but a professional wedding planner or agency who is well versed with the local stuff can help you have a wonderful celebration here. Otherwise you can celebrate your wedding reception in the country if not the official ceremony. Also, do check in their website!!
18. Wedding plus your honeymoon destination.
Last but not the least, when considering Italy for your destination wedding, keep in mind that the place also serves best as a honeymoon destination. Most newly-wed couples choose to vacation in Italy. The country has various locations, like Amalfi Coast, or Venice, or Sicily, or Rome to make your honeymoon a perfect one. And that’s the reason Italy I most sought after destination. You don’t no need to take another long flight or adapt to a different time zone for your honeymoon. You can enjoy each other’s company and your precious time together in Italy. There is a lot to explore in Italy from its vibrant culture to shopping, food and wine to sun and beach, you only need to plan it in advance!
Italy is a perfect place to begin your new journey’s celebration. If you want, you can change your location or hotel, for exploring a new destination in Italy, as the country is neared by many other beautiful towns to visit. To start your honeymoon in Italy, all you need to do is bid adieu to your friends and family and start your honeymoon the day after your wedding. That way you will also save on your logistical stress.
We all want our wedding stories to be really special and unique, destination wedding in Italy will give you the chance to do just that, even more.
I’m sure you have enough reasons to plan your wedding in Italy now. Italy will give you the best opportunity to host the most romantic and luscious wedding of the season!!
You can easily get nice wedding packages on your own, all you need to do is a lot of research. Or else, experienced wedding planners can help you create an incredible wedding a long distance from home. Though, there are a few things you have to let go off when planning a destination wedding in Italy, like the size of the wedding and scaled down guest list. But still the charms and perks of destination weddings in Italy are such, that it makes it completely worthwhile.